My good morning cocktail: a glass of water with Himalayan salt & apple cider vinegar
When I wake up, just before I have my Bulletproof Coffee, there is something I drink every morning. A glass of water with half a teaspoon of himalayan pink salt and organic raw apple cider vinegar!
I have been drinking the vinegar for a while just because I like it, but many recommended me to take the Himalayan salt as well. I already use this salt in everyday cooking but I never really thought of its benefits. OK, let’s review some facts!
- Free from pollutants: because it has been locked in the cave over years!
- Minerals are well-balanced: it contain a blend of minerals that provide the sodium the body needs while maintaining mineral balance. Table salt, on the other hand, consists of a mixture of pure sodium (chemically extracted) and some toxic aluminum anti-caking agents.
A four-year study by the American Society of Hypertension with 3000 people concluded: “the more salt you eat, the less likely you are to die.” WHAT? I knew many people who were on the low-sodium diets because of the common belief that eating salt leads to high blood pressure…. I guess it is not really true. High blood pressure is as easily caused by too little intake of other vital minerals like magnesium, potassium or calcium.
All right, so what does it mean? Eat HIGH-QUALITY SEA SALTS! Forget about iodised salts, just get quality salts like Himalayan salts! You can see the difference by tasting the table salt AND Himalayan salt. You don’t get thirsty by taking Himalayan salt. Why? because the minerals are more balanced.
So let’s drink some salt water in the morning!!! It raises your energy level! When you wake up, your body (more specifically, our adrenal glands) tries to adjust the potassium/sodium balance and it is desperate to push the potassium levels down and the sodium levels up. oh yeah, that’s something I did learn in school.
And what’s up with the apple cider vinegar? My mother loves vinegar and I grew up drinking vinegar every day. She always gave me a glass of water with some vinegar after eating fatty food because it helped digestion. I didn’t really care what it did but I liked the taste. Let’s see what it can do…
- Promotes digestion: oh yeah she was right. raw apple cider vinegar has lots of enzymes and nutritional properties to stimulate the production of digestive juices, and pectin can lower LDL cholesterol and acetic acid, i.e. your body can burn fat more efficiently. Malic acid can prevent bloating and cramps, which is perfect for a preggie girl like me! haha
- Adjusts blood sugar levels: it slows down the digestion of carbohydrates.
- Improves immune system: it promotes healthy gut flora, and it breaks up mucus and cleanses lymph nodes to benefit your lymphatic system
- Boosts energy: it has a powerful alkalising effects thereby improving your stamina and energy.
etc etc etc etc. too many blah blah benefits!
ANYWAYS, this is why I like my morning cocktail and I want to continue drinking it 🙂 Just wanted to share with you! xo