Amazing grass-fed ghee!
My favorite oil for cooking and baking!
My mother infected me with the idea of eating ghee. It became one of my favorite ingredients in my kitchen, and I swear I use it everywhere.
Even when I got tested intolerant to milk protein etc, I still take it, because theoretically, ghee is lactose/casein free. I used to buy it from a local shop but when I googled, I realized how easy it was to make it. So I did. Just cook let it simmer until you see the stuff solidify, that’s it! The smell…. HEAVENLY!!!!
HOWEVER this is still fat – don’t eat it so much!!!! I only use it in my coffee, and over my boiled vegetables in the evening for example.
- It has the most amazing flavor. Just makes you happier, someone said it is like butter on flavor steroids! lol
- It is so rich in butyric acid, which improves your gut health and reduces infection and inflammation. Hence inhibits the growth of tumors in intestines. It stimulates the production of T-cell production, which boosts the immune system.
- Vitamin K2: transporter of calcium, so it strengthens your bones if taken together with calcium.
- Good source of cholesterol (!)
- Excellent source CLA (conjugated linolenic acid), which contributes to weight loss, cancer prevention as an antioxidant.
- High in Vitamin A, like carrots, controlling hormone balance, liver health and stamina. Great for eye health!
- High in saturated fat, despite popular believes, it does NOT cause heart disease!