The BEST protein chocolate pudding ever! (with whey isolate)
I’ve stopped eating them because I am no longer taking whey isolate powder, but still, I make these puddings for Tobias, who LOVES them. I’ve been modifying the recipe every time and I think I am happy with the result now… the biggest change I have made is to add arrowroot starch to make it more creamy. The original recipe from a fitness website did not work coz the mixture was just too watery, it never set in the freezer. I have used xanthan gum as well, which worked once, but the following time I screwed up the quantity and it because a giant, rubbery, non-tasty blob, which he refused to eat!!
I needed to use up all the home-made macadamia nut butter so this particular batch has more fat than normal. you can adjust that, no problem. So this time I made 10 portions in a paper muffin cup, and here is the list of ingredients I used:
- Whey isolate* powder vanilla flavour (Nar Labs) – 8 scoops
- Cocoa powder: 48g (the chocolate flavour is very intense with this amount)
- Macadamia nut butter: 12 tablespoons (you can reduce it obviously!)
- Raw hemp seeds: 7 tablespoons – to be blended with water to make hemp milk, which should make up to 2 cups of milk in total
- Arrowroot starch: 0.25 cup
Calories: 297 kcal. Fat 19.5g, carbs 7.7g, protein 26.6g!!!
Unfortunately, the result is not the same with vegan protein powder… so I don’t do that for myself anymore.
Forget about those commercial nut milk. Hemp milk is sooooo easy to make if you have a blender. No need to soak, just blend with water and filter, that’s it. super nutritious and it is amazing!
I still hope that I can make something similar with vegan protein powder but none of the powders I know can create the same result…. one day…. I will….!!!!!